Musician needed for dance theatre piece
Love in Idleness is a promenade performance which takes place in a garden. Combining dance, theatre and music, it is directed by dance artist Rachel Dean and loosely based around the themes of A Midsummer Night’s Dream; transformation, magic, mischief and love. A tour of five Yorkshire gardens is confirmed for this Summer, funded by Grants for the Arts and produced by Yorkshire Dance.
The two musicians are an integral part of the piece and play an important role in leading the audience. Looking for a musician with:
– Very strong skills in improvisation
– An instrument(s) which is portable and does not require amplification
– An instrument(s) to combine with clarinet or bass clarinet
– The enthusiasm and flexibility needed for the unpredictability/interaction/weather that comes with outdoor work
-The skills and outlook needed to work as part of an ensemble of musicians, dancers and actor.
– Ideally experience in working with dancers/theatre
You need to be available for all of the following dates:
Residential rehearsal period at Burton Agnes stately home, Driffield
Tuesday 26th – Friday 29th June
Saturday 30th June
Sunday 1st July
Saturday 7th July
Sunday 8th July
Saturday 21st July
There is a fee of £780 for this work.
A workshop audition will take place by invitation at Yorkshire Dance, Leeds on Saturday 2nd June. If you would like to attend please send CV/bio and a few lines on your interest in this project to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and by the 30th May.
More info, photos and film here https://racheljanedean.wordpress.com/choreography/love-in-idleness/